Saturday, February 26, 2011

earthquake update #3

I am very pleased to be able to inform you that we got power on at home tonight which is great. I am so sorry for all of you who have not got power on yet - lights make you feel so much better at night-time!

Power has come on at school too and I was able to check my emails. Unfortunately I am not able to refresh the front page of the website but hopefully you have checked this blog and are also receiving my school (502) texts and school emails.

Just a quick update - the Ministry of Education are still completing safety assessments of school property and we do not have a starting date for school yet. We have increased security checks at school.

Keep remaining positive, I know personally how difficult it is to keep the children occupied and calm. Actually,  we did some basic facts challenges and story writing at home today which the kids really enjoyed!! And then I was so pleased when tv came back on:)

take care
Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia,
    Thank you for your calmness when the earthquake hit on Tuesday. We are fine, - have toilet, water, power and friends. I know which one I have found the most beneficial! Maia's looking forward to coming back to school, as am I for her. Was that really liquifaction on the back field? I thought it was split pipes! Good to know that you are wel, I hope your family and friends are all safe, and I'm a bit anxious that all the teachers and staff's family and friends are ok too, - anxious times. love Karen & Maia Wilkinson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong and thanks for the updates. Girls doing fine at Haitaitai in Wellington, albeit very tired. Sense of normality for them with a school routine. Been thinking about school, staff and families and do hope our community remains safe. take care xx mandy emma and lucy.

    ReplyDelete